FOUNDER // PRODUCER // ARTIST & TOUR MANAGER
Vyvienne Abla is a Producer and Artist & Tour Manager that has been working in the music and creative industries for 18 years locally and around the globe. 2007 she founded Vyva Entertainment, using HipHop and music culture to empower others, with a focus on integrating industry, education and community to create unique pathways for youth, artists and professionals.
2015, she launched 4ESydney, the only festival and conference of its kind in Australia, specialising in HipHop culture and multi-artform, interdisciplinary practice. For the community, by the community, 4ESydney, continues to gradually build a global infrastructure and platform for HipHop in Australia.
Over the years her work has gained international attention, being invited to New Zealand, Hong Kong, USA, UK, Europe and Middle East as a result of her initiatives and work in Western Sydney.
Vyvienne is also Artist Manager for rapper, drummer and music composer DOBBY and Producer for Luka Lesson’s ODYSSEUS.
- HipHop Advisory Committee, ARIA
- Industry Voting Panel for ACCLAIM Magazine’s “Rookie of the Year Award”
- Admin on Australian Arts amidst COVID-19 FB Group
- Riverside Theatre Board, Parramatta 2019-20
- Australian Women in Music Awards, SSI Arts & Culture Delegation 2019 (1 of 6)
- Creative Development Fellowship, Create NSW 2019-20: 1 of 11 (statewide)
- The Seed Fund Residency 2019: 1 of 30 (nationally)
- IETM Campus Residency, Croatia 2018: 1 of 29 (globally)
- Future Leaders Program, Australia Council for the Arts 2018: 1 of 19 (nationally)
- Nominated: Outstanding Community Partnership, Zest Awards 2020 (still to be announced)
- Winner: Creative Arts Woman of The Year, Local Women’s Awards 2018
- Winner: Community Business Partnership for 4ESydney, Zest Awards 2018
- Nominated: All-Age Ambassadors Award, National Live Music Awards 2016
International Producer & Production Experience
- Shubbak Festival, London 2017 and 2019
- Dubai Design Week, UAE 2018
- Hammana Artist House, Lebanon 2018
- 33rd World Conference of International Society for Music Education (ISME) in Baku, Azerbaijan
- Community Music Pre-Conference, Georgia 10-14/07/18
- Engaging with Communities: Creative Pedagogies, New Zealand 22-25/11/17
- Inclusive & Cohesive Communities in NSW Conference 2-3/11/17
- LGNSW Conference: Integrating new elements/building in audience sectors for your events 18/9/17
- TafeNSW Bankstown Community Services Graduation 31/5/17
- French Parliament House 13/7/16
DOBBY aka RHYAN CLAPHAM
RAPPER // DRUMMER // MUSIC COMPOSER
DOBBY is a rapper, drummer, speaker and workshop facilitator. Aged 26, he proudly identifies as a Filipino and Aboriginal musician, whose family is from Brewarrina on Ngemba land, and is a member of the Murrawarri Republic in Weilmoringle, NSW. DOBBY is a skilled music composer, and the 2017 recipient for the bi-annual Peter Sculthorpe Fellowship.
DOBBY released his self-titled ‘DOBBY’ EP in September 2018, which he wrote and produced. The EP tour (2018/19) took DOBBY worldwide, with shows including BIGSOUND, Sydney Opera House, Bluesfest/ Boomerang Festival, Dancerites, OzAsia Festival (ADL), The Great Escape (UK) New Skool Rules (NL),
Indigenous Music Sumit (NOLA), Aussie BBQ (Brighton, London, Berlin) and Reeperbahn Festival (GER).
DOBBY is also a rapper and drummer for Sydney band Jackie Brown Jr in various events and festivals such as Wollombi Music Festival, Rabbits Eat Lettuce and Psyfari Festival.
DOBBY currently facilitates HipHop and drum workshops in community centres, and both primary and high schools throughout Sydney and rural NSW. He is also currently an academic tutor in Indigenous Studies at UNSW.
POET // RAPPER // WRITER
Luka Lesson is a poet and rap artist based in Australia. Luka’s work is inspired by everyday stories of human resilience, the mythology of his family homeland of Greece, and the potency of speaking truth to power.
An author of two independently published collections, Luka has been commissioned by the National Gallery of Victoria and toured with the likes of Dr Cornel West (USA), Akala (UK), Nahko & Medicine for the People (USA) & Shane Koyczan (Canada). Most recently Luka was commissioned to write a concerto for The Queensland Symphony Orchestra. In 2017, Luka established his very own annual poetry retreat program on the Greek island of Rhodes, which continues
annually. Over the course of his career, Luka's poem 'May Your Pen Grace The Page' will appear on the NSW Australian English curriculum from 2019-2024.
Luke Haralampou aka Luka Lesson, holds an undergraduate degree from The University of Queensland, a first-class honours degree from Monash University in Indigenous Studies, and a Masters of Sound Design (Poetry Performance) through the Victorian College of the Arts.
"Luka is a genuine artist of high quality whose poetry is powerful and poignant. I salute his prophetic witness!" - Dr Cornel West
"I’m not really into hip hop—I’m too old, I guess—but Luka Lesson is a sonic literary genius, and THAT is what I love. So if he is hip hop, then I guess I love hip hop after all."
- Taylor Mali, 4-time National Poetry Slam Champion and former president of Poetry Slam, Inc. (USA).